Wellington-WEF.com Message Board
September 01, 2014, 05:18:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thank you for visiting the message board!  We are excited to be the community meeting place for Wellington, WEF and all Equestrians who use our site.  Please be sure to visit our Business, Boarding & Trainers, Horses for Sale, and Real Estate/Lodging Directories as well. Type Wellington-WEF.com into your browser if you do not see a "wood" navigation bar at the top of this message board.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's best for dogs - Cosequin DS, Glyco-Flex III or Synovi-G3?  (Read 2341 times)
tevvy

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2011, 06:52:14 PM »

Our 10 year old Golden Retriever needs joint help.  I'd like to hear opinions and recommendations about Cosequin DS, Glyco-Flex III and Synovi-G3.  Thanks for any advice you have or suggestions for a product you think is better. And PS - who has the best price?
Candy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 09:22:18 PM »

vetdepot dot com
Try Dasuquin w/ msm or just Dasuduin.
It has helped my Boxer. Great price too.
Good luck....
parkerfarrier service

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 12:55:52 PM »

We give gycoflex classic, 2000mg of glucosamine, and puritan's pride salmon oil (no additives) for a fraction of the price! We also give Sardine oil from Nature's Logic. My 13-yr old chronic-kidney, Cushing's, and arthritic Beagle can keep up with my 2-year old dog because of her diet and supplements!

NeoB

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 08:54:39 PM »

I've used Synovi and it was great. Haven't tried the others. Best of luck.
Debradoolittle

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 10:29:04 AM »

I use Cetyl M ... My  11 yr.Boxer had real bad hip problems till I started her on this... literally took years off her...Have recommended it to a few people who have had great results...   They make product for   horses, dogs, and people....  check out site.....
http://www.responseproducts.com/index.php#
Texas

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 11:30:16 AM »

I agree with Candy! However, I have also been giving my elderly dog the same inexpensive joint formula I give my horses - it's in liquid form for better absorption.  Ya know, it called Flex (something)-I just buy it by sight at the Tackeria and forget the whole name - it sells for $38 and is Tackeria's best-seller they say.

By the way, don't forget the wonderful True Sweat from Choice of Champions @ The Tackeria for our horses that don't sweat! (even those who get too hot and blow through their noses without being worked out)It works after about two weeks -It has been a lifesaver for my horse who last year had to be cooled off 3 times a day, no carbs, no alfalfa in any hay-blanketed in slightly-warm wet (to open pores in skin)towels and put under a fan! Thank you again Adrienne Knowles for that info!

Stay Blessed Always!
LuckyCharmFarm

~ bless the beasts and the children ~

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 11:02:00 PM »

~ advice @ dogaware dot com, yahoo groups:  orthodogs and  k9nutrition.
~ my old girl improved greatly on fish oil and glucosamine...

~ fish oil geltabs 1000mg / 10 lbs daily.
~ recommended to give vit e with fish oil (50u / 10 lbs).   fish oil depletes vit e and vit e also has some antiflammatory properties @ high doses.

~ i ended up going to grizzly salmon oil because it was too hard to get some dogs to eat the softgels and i found opening them is too time consuming and messy when one has multiple dogs.   just got a 64 oz bottle for $39.95 at kv supply.

~ i use glucosamine hcl powder (25 mg / lb daily).  best recent bulk price was at nutrabio dot com.  greyhound gang also has the powder and if you only have one dog, her prices are good and the proceeds go to her greyhound rescue.

good luck finding the right product(s) for your senior dog.

~ Nancy Hall ~
parkerfarrier service

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 05:08:59 PM »

dogaware.com for sure!

Not sure if you guys have heard about Duralactin aka Microlactin, but it's a newer joint supplement making waves. It's a nice option especially for pets/humans who cannot take NSAIDs because of drug-interactions. People have said they notice an immediate difference in activity. We havent started it yet since our dog is doing well, but it's good to know it's there.

Also it's formulated for Horses too.

http://www.duralactin.com/

Texas

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 03:06:13 PM »

Dasaquin seems to be the big deal for small animals-
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: